13 October 2009

Reg and Felicity take Indianapolis by storm

(For an hour, anyway.) Anybody going to Bouchercon? We'll be appearing on a panel moderated by Peter Rozovsky on translating crime fiction. Come and hear the straight dope from the translators of Stieg Larsson, Karin Fossum, Henning Mankell, Mari Jungstedt, Karin Alvtegen, Peter Høeg, Camilla Läckberg, Mikkel Birkegaard, Leif Davidsen, Helene Tursten, Jan Guillou, and Arne Dahl. Thursday the 15th at 10:30 a.m. Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Would have loved to be there. If you are coming over to the UK at any time in the near future do let me know in advance. In the middle of reading "Hornet's Nest". Great book (and splendid translation)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I could be there! Have a great time, both of you. Reg, I hope you are pleased by the wonderful reception of Stieg#3 - both the reviews and the sales. BTW, I just wrote a guest post on translated crime fiction for the Picador (Macmillan) blog and mentioned both yours and Tiina's work: http://www.panmacmillan.com/Picador/ManageBlog.aspx?BlogID=e7950ff7-f39b-4277-85db-542469de75d9&BlogPage=Permalink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought I'd be dying to go to Indianapolis. This looks exciting though! Wish I could be there.

    Just finished The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Absolutely loved it and the whole Millennium Trilogy for that matter. What am I going to do now that I've read all of Larsson's works? The 2nd Lackburg I guess.

    Have fun in Indy.

    David
    http://www.globalaroundtown.blogspot.com

    PS - Reg, would you like to write a piece about translating these works that I could post on GAT?

    ReplyDelete