12 July 2009

Lots of shortlists for Stieg Larsson

Whew, the trip to Bristol, Copenhagen, and Norway wore me out, and I came home to a mountain of translating work. Sorry for the lack of news in a while, but in the meantime Stieg Larsson has collected a bunch of shortlist nominations, most to be decided at Bouchercon. Hope to see you in Indianapolis!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is now out in both trade paperback [cover similar to hardback one shown here] and mass market [see earlier post for cover] and has been shortlisted for:
  • Macavity Award, Best First Mystery

  • Anthony Award, Best Novel

  • Anthony Award, Best First Novel

  • Anthony Award, Best Cover Art

  • Barry Award for Best British Novel published in the US

  • Strand Magazine Critics Award for Best First Novel [lost to Child 44]
And as predicted, the Fred Vargas International Dagger went to (wait for it) Fred Vargas!

5 comments:

  1. Good to have the posts back. Good luck with the awards, your translations certainly deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan, for the good wishes. Are you any relation to McKinley, my evil twin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's my second cousin, once removed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting info, Reg. I must say I used to be an English/Spanish/English translator long ago.

    I've added your blog to my blogroll and will follow your posts from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bienvenidos, José, and I hope I'll have time to do some more blogging soon when I finish this latest book!

    ReplyDelete